Something to do with all of the pecans that don’t make it into your Maple Pecan Pie. These spiced nuts are super tasty, easy to make and keep well. Enjoy!
- 4 cups pecan halves
- 1 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more to taste, I do more)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 heaping tablespoon very finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Preheat the oven to 350° F.Place the pecans on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven. Toss hot pecans with butter and olive oil on hot baking sheet. Add salt, pepper, cayenne, sugar, and rosemary and toss to coat. Return the pecans to the oven for another 2 to 3 minutes, until toasted and fragrant, but be careful not to overcook them!