Classic creamy sauce that’s perfect for breakfast or brunch! This recipe is easy and no-fail. It takes just 5 minutes in a blender. Drizzle it on top of poached eggs, eggs Benedict, vegetables or several other recipes for a delicious finishing touch.
Ingredients send grocery list
- 2 1/2 sticks butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper (more, to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- A pinch of white pepper
HOW TO MAKE HOLLANDAISE SAUCE
To make this recipe, simply heat up some butter (and it needs to be hot!) and stream it into the blended egg yolk mixture to create a velvety smooth sauce.
- Melt the butter in a microwave for about 1 minute until hot.
- Combine the egg yolks, lemon juice, dijon, salt, white pepper and cayenne pepper into a high powered blender and blend for 5 seconds.
- Slowly stream in the hot butter into the mixture as the blender is running.
- Pour the sauce into a small bowl and drizzle over your meal!