I came across a recipe for crab deviled eggs and decided to dip into my stash of canned crab meat (I always stock up when it is on sale) in order to make some. I tweaked the recipe a great deal to make what I think is a far tastier result. I’m going to assume for the sake of brevity that you know how to hard boil eggs and peel them.
- 6 hard-boiled and peeled eggs
- ½ cup of cooked crab meat + 4 tbsp for garnish
- 2 tbsp of finely diced red onion
- 2 tbsp of finely diced red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp of finely diced orange bell pepper
- 2 tbsp of finely diced green bell pepper
- 2 tbsp of finely diced cornichons
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 2 tbsp of lime juice
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of mayonnaise
- 1 tsp of dijon mustard
- 1 tsp of cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A sharp knife
- A demitasse spoon
Step 1: Crab Mix
Step 2: Free the Yolks!
Step 3: Yolk Mix
Step 4: Home Stretch!
Add the yolk mix to the crab mix and stir together until thoroughly blended. Stuff mixture into egg halves and garnish with crab meat and a pinch of dill.
A little Old Bay on top and these are fabulous!